Congratulations to Internap’s Customer Support employees and ‘thank you’ to our customers!
Internap has won a Stevie Award for ‘Best Customer Service Department’ of the Year at the 2011 American Business Awards last week. The award recognizes Internap’s excellence in providing outstanding network performance and customer support.
The Stevie Awards honor the achievements and positive contributions of exemplary organizations and business people around the globe, serving as one of the world’s more coveted awards.
Rather than rely on outsourced call centers, Internap engineers answer all customer calls 24x7x365 in its own network operations centers (NOC) – dramatically reducing resolution time. Rapid reaction times combined with proactive communication from an experienced customer service team help make Internap’s support organization world-class. Additionally, in 2010, Internap’s dedicated customer support efforts yielded these outstanding customer benefits:
- Customers gave an average rating of 4.8 following resolution of open service tickets (based on a scale of 1 – 5, with 5 being “extremely satisfied”).
- Internap’s Net Promoter Score, a general business customer loyalty metric, rose 20 percentage points in the last year (Net Promoter Scores are measured against a company’s own increase/decrease over time versus against competitor metrics).
- Internap’s NOC had a 2:1 ratio of outbound to inbound calls, highlighting its proactive customer support.
- In a testament to the outstanding service of Internap’s support team, out of the hundreds of incoming customer service calls per month:
- All calls were answered within 10 seconds, on average.
- The caller abandon rate was an astonishingly low .01% .
- 95% of the time, the Internap NOC engineer answering a call was the same one that resolved the issue, underscoring the deep skill and expertise of the department.
More than 200 executives across the country participated in the judging process to determine the Finalists and Stevie Award winners. More than 2,800 entries from organizations of all sizes and in virtually every industry were submitted for consideration.