In our business, performance metrics are an essential measure of success. That’s why we’re proud that our customers have given us an overall customer satisfaction ranking of 8.4* (out of a maximum of 10.0). The Internap Network Operations Center (NOC) plays an important role in that ranking. It takes a proactive approach to customer support and vendor management to provide the highest level of customer service and technical support.
Expertise on the Front Line
The Internap Network Operations Center stands on three pillars:
- Proactive Notification: In our NOC, certified engineers monitor our customers’ services and the status of not only the Internap network, but also performance across the Internet. They aren’t simply wearing beepers and getting paid to be “on call.” When an engineer observes an issue, customers are proactively notified to explain the issue and how it’s being addressed. A key indicator of our proactive approach is the fact that the Internap NOC places more than twice as many calls outbound to our customers and vendors than we receive.
- Direct Access to Engineers: Our fully-redundant NOC is a breed apart from other providers. While they may promise swift resolution, they often rely on non-technical call center employees to buy themselves time while still appearing responsive. In our NOC, we route issues to certified engineers who assume immediate responsibility for all tickets – not just the most critical ones. The result is that 95% of all issues are resolved by the engineer who receives the customer’s request and initiates the trouble ticket.
- Technical Expertise: We believe the link between commitment to performance and execution is extensive training. Our highly-trained NOC team members carry key certifications, including Microsoft MCSE and Cisco CCNA . We ensure our team holds superior technical expertise in network configuration, design and maintenance as well as sustaining and troubleshooting carrier connections.
If our customers encounter a problem, there’s no time to waste. We make quick response time a fundamental part of our service by focusing on key performance metrics:
- Fast Speed to Answer: We answer customer calls in an average of 10-12 seconds. Our customers tell us this is one of the best average answer times in the industry.
- Low Call Abandon Rate: Our call abandon rate is less than 0.3%. The typical abandoned call is not due to wait time. More often, the customer has resolved the problem, or the problem has resolved itself.
- Low Hold Time: The average customer hold time on inbound support calls is 0.1 minutes compared to that of others in our industry group and peers, 2.19 and 2.53 minutes respectively.
We view robust service just like we view technology: not as an add-on, but as a fundamental part of our solution. Internap not only benefits your IT infrastructure and enhances the performance to your IP services, we offer peace of mind for you and your business. Our superior, proactive support can help to free your technical resources to refocus on core business issues.
*2013 Customer Satisfaction Survey conducted by Technology Services Industry Association (TSIA).