If you’re using another Internet services provider today, we encourage you to take a look at their Service Level Agreement (SLA). Other Network Service Providers (NSPs) may offer an SLA based on 100% uptime availability, but the fine print often shows that their commitment only applies to a single network. Whether you’re buying Internet connectivity, managed hosting, colocation or content delivery services, your provider is relying on the entire Internet to meet your needs. We believe an SLA should reflect that.
The Internap SLA applies to the end-to-end networks, up to the point at which your network takes over — not just the parts that we control. This commitment to reliability is essential for enterprise-class businesses that can’t afford to experience even a minute of downtime.
Not only does our Network Operations Center proactively notify you in the event of a network issue, but we also back up our SLA with specified proactive credits. Proactive customer service and support is a natural extension of the constant monitoring and management we perform for all our customers. Because downtime is money, our event clock starts ticking when the event begins. Other service providers don’t consider themselves in breach of their SLA until you’ve called support and opened a trouble ticket. To us, that simply isn’t “service.”
What Our SLA Covers*
Our SLA supports the following North American performance metrics:
- 100% network availability
- Less than 45 milliseconds latency
- Less than 0.3% packet loss
- Less than 0.5 millisecond jitter
The Internap SLA also covers:
- Denial of Service (DoS) Response: Internap generally will respond to a customer request for assistance in DoS attacks and begin diagnostics within 10 minutes.
- Reason for Outage (RFO) Response Time: Internap generally will provide you with a final Reason for Outage within five business days for service interruptions at Internap-owned data center facilities or Internap service points.
- Service-Specific Outage Resolution: If service is down for more than 10 minutes, other than for pre-scheduled maintenance or other non-Internap issues, you will automatically receive a credit on your monthly bill as specified in the SLA.
- High-Availability DNS Services: Any measurable interruption in DNS service due to Internap’s failure will result in a full credit on the entire monthly DNS charge. And unlike any other provider, any interruption in excess of 30 minutes will result in credits against IP services as specified in the SLA.
- Colocation (space, power, environmental): Internap offers integrated colocation coverage in its SLA for power, environment and security, offering credits of up to a week for violations of stated service levels.
- Install Intervals: We will fully credit installation fees if the stated interval commitment is not maintained. Install intervals are subject to service type.
“I thought Internap would certainly perform from a reliability perspective on the service side, but I did not expect it from the people side. They’ve stepped up to support us as a company.
Vice President of MIS
*Terms and conditions of the Internap SLA apply.