Our audio and video streaming services media offer one of the most advanced ways to communicate your message. Until relatively recently, rich media content came mainly from entertainment companies and agencies. Today, the growing use of Video-On-Demand (VOD), CDN streaming and online training reveal how widely the Internet has been embraced as a rich media channel. The result: expectations about how users experience a web site have shifted. Static text and images may no longer be the best way to convey your message.
To stay competitive, you need to tell a complete story with rich media. One of the main hurdles to providing a rich media experience is the time and resources it takes to encode your video-on-demand files.
Our Streaming & Encoding Solution
Internap’s Content Delivery Network (CDN) provides a fully-integrated solution for video and audio streaming that allows you to focus exclusively on content creation. We simplify and streamline the workflow process for content uploading, transcoding, management and reporting.
While you produce exciting, informative media that lets you engage and connect with employees, partners and customers, Internap provides the tools to deliver it:
- We simplify the entire workflow including uploading, distribution, management, reporting and analytics
- Our network delivers optimized video quality and resolution based on the individual end-user’s network conditions
- We deliver your media securely to your audience, regardless of location
Set and Forget Optimization
The beauty of Internap’s CDN is our “set and forget” capabilities that optimize your video files for both content and network. That means you don’t need to create and upload multiple files to provide for individual platforms and bitrates.
Our optimization approach has two components:
- Integrated, Rules-Based Encoding — Automatically converts video content into the most popular Internet formats, allowing your video to reach a broad audience without additional management and development costs
- Adaptive Bitrate — Real-time, continuous bitrate adjustment dynamically adapts the streams based on the capabilities and bandwidth of your network, ensuring that the best quality video is delivered to a particular device
We create optimized files compatible with:
- The Adobe® Flash® platform, including Dynamic Streaming
- Microsoft® Silverlight® , including Smooth Streaming
- iPhone® and iPad™ with HTML5 embed code
When combined with Internap’s Performance IP™ service, which ensures optimal video delivery across the Internet, you receive an end-to-end, high-performance intelligent video streaming solution that simplifies and automates content creation, management and delivery to a wide range of devices on any network.