Sustainable green design and energy efficiency
Internap’s premium, carrier-neutral data center in Montreal, Canada offers greener colocation thanks to state-of-the-art cooling, and electricity that’s 100% generated from renewable sources. High-density power options, fully redundant network and power connections, and advanced security all ensures that your data is secure, and your services connected 100% of the time.
What Internap Montreal, Canada Data Center Facilities Offer
- Locations: 20 Place du Commerce, Nun’s Island; 5945 Couture, St-Léonard and 3185 Hochelaga. Montreal’s northerly, inland location benefits from a minimal risk of natural disaster, and also benefits from some of the lowest electricity prices in North America.
- Green Design: Our Montreal facilities are at the forefront of our commitment to reducing fossil fuel consumption through green design. As well as advanced airflow management, the Montreal data centers use free cooling to cool servers using ambient temperatures which are below freezing for around a quarter of the year, only consuming electricity when it is needed.
- Green Energy: Electricity at our Montreal facility is provided by Hydro Québec, whose electricity production is 100% renewable, and 98% from hydroelectricity. Hydroelectricity produces just 4 grams of CO2 per Kwh of electricity. That’s 56% less CO2 than wind energy, and less than 1% than that of natural gas and coal.
- Carrier Diversity: Choose from a wide range of carriers, some of which are only available in Canada, with free cross-connect and bandwidth usage reporting and alerts.
- Monitoring and Security: The Montreal data center is a bunker type construction with 24-hour human and video surveillance, and 24/7 biometric access. Fire protection includes detection and preventative intervention, and a fire station located less than 500 meters away.
Chat live, call us at 877.843.7627 or contact us to schedule a tour and to receive a quote today.