As part of our colocation data centers and service, Internap provides customers with the option of a Private Cage, which is built to customer specifications. Internap seeks to offer the highest degree of flexibility in the design for each customer. Within the square footage of a Private Cage, Internap will work with you to deliver the maximum degree of customization.
At our colocation data centers, a custom private cage space can be configured as needed and as permitted by local code, prudent engineering and the unique requirements of particular facilities. All customers requesting installation of non-standard cabinets are encouraged to purchase a cage. It is not Internap’s practice to allow non-standard cabinet installation within the general shared cabinet population. Depending on the site, a private cage may be quoted in terms of square footage or floor space units.
A standard private cage installation includes exterior cage construction, construction of customer ladder racking, and construction of power trays sufficient to support customer circuit requests. Limitations on circuit density may apply in certain facilties. Cabinets are not part of the standard private cage build.
private cage features include:
- 8’ high standard floor-bolted steel caging
- Anti-static floor
- 3-4’ right or left-hinged key-operated sliding door
- Customer-level network ladder trays
Power (sold separately; not included in private cage pricing for colocation data centers)
- Standard offering is one (1) 20A 120V conditioned and grounded primary power feed per 20 square feet or per one (1) floor space unit
- Redundant or additional primary power circuits (subject to facility power guidelines)
- 20/30A AC increments
- 110/208/220V AC (where available)
- -48V DC (where available)
- Internap provides one (1) 10-outlet AC power strip twist-locked per 20A 120V power feed – one (1) outlet is used for the cabinet fan
- Delivery via overhead cable trays or under floor conduit
- One (1) patch panel where required by facility policy for cross-connect terminations