Data Center Security & Compliance
Internap data centers are designed with meticulous attention to the variety of potential threats that can affect the integrity of your data.
Beyond protecting against known hazards, we also stay informed on new trends so that we’re always steps ahead of the most menacing security challenges. Whether Internap is your primary or backup data center, you can rest assured knowing that your data is in good hands.
Physical data center security
Our comprehensive approach to colocation services and security starts with 24/7 onsite security personnel who are available to escort customers to and from their space within the secure data center. They are reinforced by additional measures including:
- Secure loading dock space for customers
- Fingerprint activated biometric locking mechanisms
- Man-traps that utilize weight sensors to help determine if an individual is leaving with equipment that they didn’t bring into the facility
- Video monitoring with footage retained for up to 90 days (in addition, cameras may be installed in individual cage environments as needed with facility approval)
- Recorded “in and out” logs
- Password-protected access to both physical locations and web portals
Data center compliance & accreditations
Our infrastructure and processes are designed to align with domestic and international compliancy, customer care and environmental standards. We comply with the regulations set up by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) governing Service Organization Control (SOC) type II reports, HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996) and undergo annual audits to verify our compliance. You can leverage our third-party audits for your internal compliance requirements and reduce audit procedures within your organization.