Our API empowers our customers to manage their infrastructure.
Internap’s Hosting API (hAPI) exposes our infrastructure services via an open application programming interface (API). Using hAPI, you can deploy, manage and monitor your infrastructure. You can build these functions right into your application, management tools or monitoring sytems. Some examples of what you can do:
- View details of your existing “devices”, including physical servers, cloud VMs, CDN sites, and other devices like firewalls, switches, etc.
- Modify the configuration of your CDN to change parameters like cache expiration time, origin settings and log formats
- Fetch logs or purge objects from your CDN’s cache
- Instantly provision a new cloud VM or server in our global hosting locations
- Automatically re-image a cloud VM or server in minutes
- Add a monitor to one of your servers that contacts our support staff if trouble arises
- Pull bandwidth usage for the last month for your CDN sites
- Manage permissions for different staff members at your company; allow some people to add or remove devices, while providing others read-only access
hAPI is open, standards-based, fully-documented and provided to all customers at no additional charge. hAPI is a RESTful API based on HTTP requests and XML or JSON responses.
If you’re familiar with the APIs of OpenStack, Amazon Web Services or a host of other web services, you’ll feel right at home with hAPI.
Click here to access the hAPI documentation.