What is Managed Data Storage?
Managed data storage is the process of offloading an organization’s data storage requirements to a third-party service provider. The storage can be located onsite or offsite, depending on the company’s needs and the managed data storage service provider. Managed storage services can decrease capital expenses associated with buying and administrating storage systems by simply ordering more storage capacity or services as needed, instead of having to purchase new hardware and software.
Because data can be one of the most mission-critical components of your business, you want to ensure that it’s always available when you need it. You also want to be sure that you have the flexibility to grow your data storage capacity as your business grows. Internap’s managed storage service provides access to high-performance storage capacity, when you need it and with the flexibility to accommodate your changing requirements.
Why Managed Storage?
Whether you need a storage and backup solution for mission-critical production data, reference or archive data, you can be assured of worry-free management of your key information assets with Internap’s managed storage service. By subscribing to Internap’s managed data storage and backup services, you can:
- Avoid large capital outlays for incremental storage
- Pay for only what you need
- Lower the operational costs of storing and managing your data
- Eliminate routine data management tasks to focus on your core business
- Safeguard data from both external threats and internal problems
- Recover data quickly and easily
Highly flexible and scalable managed storage services
Internap’s managed storage solutions give enterprises access to on-demand, worry-free storage with no upfront capital investment. This includes Direct-Attached-Storage (DAS), Network Attached Storage (NAS), Storage Area Network (SAN) and Cloud Storage (AgileFILES).
- NAS & SAN- Internap’s managed NAS and SAN storage, a custom hosting solution, provides organizations of all sizes with an efficient and cost-effective way to manage their electronic data. As with all custom hosting components, the managed SAN and NAS storage infrastructure is dedicated to you. Internap’s unified NAS and SAN storage solutions support both file and block protocols natively from the same platform, including NFS, CIFS, FC, FCoE and iSCSI.
- AgileFILES – Internap’s AgileFILES platform, an Agile Hosting solution, is an object-based cloud storage service designed to scale to millions of objects and petabytes of storage with a high degree of reliability at a competitive price. It is built for scale-out storage workloads and is ideal for large data sets that need a reliable and cost-effective storage solution without the limitations of traditional file systems.
Key Benefits of Internap Managed Storage
- High reliability and security – dedicated switch and storage configurations increase reliability and security levels relative to other providers that only offer shared managed hosting elements
- Turnkey implementation – easily integrates with other Internap managed hosting products and services
- Multiple platform options – from direct attached to network to object, we have the managed storage service that best fits your application
- Layer 2 hybridization capability increases flexibility and “future-proofs” infrastructure
- Fully-redundant architecture with onsite hot spares and 24/7 monitoring
- Competitive flat rate pricing based on storage size, performance level and features