Performance IP™ Service
As enterprises increasingly use the public Internet to deliver media, software and data to end users, middle-mile congestion is becoming an obstacle to optimal application performance.
Internap’s Performance IP™ service helps reduce latency and improve network consistency by combining multiple carrier backbones and real-time route optimization that leverages Managed Internet Route Optimizer™ (MIRO) technology.
MIRO enhances the Internet’s default routing rule system, Border Gateway Protocol (BGP), by dynamically evaluating a broader set of performance factors across a massively diverse set of possible paths.
The Performance IP™ is IPv4 and IPv6 compatible to future-proof IP deployments.
- 35 milliseconds less latency per packet round trip time, on average, compared with sub-optimal carrier routes.
- >99% of routes chosen by MIRO deemed best path compared with 29% chosen by BGP alone.
- MIRO-enhanced BGP to consider additional factors to find the fastest path, including latency, jitter and service-degrading brown and black outs.
- Nearly four times less latency variability than stand-alone carriers or self-managed IP “blends”.
- Direct access to multiple ISP backbones to give unmatched reliability and reduce the risk of network outages.
- Fail-safe network features including end-to-end N+1 design, hot swappable spares, and comprehensive monitoring via two geographically-dispersed network operations centers.
Better Service Level Guarantees
- Proactive monitoring, alerting and crediting for network issues.
- An industry-leading SLA that supports:
- 100% network availability
- Less than 45 milliseconds latency
- Less than 0.3% packet loss
- Less than 0.5 millisecond jitter