- Adds 31,000 net-sellable square feet of premium data center space, bringing Internap’s total Atlanta footprint to 42,000 net-sellable square feet
- Expansion, online in Q3 2012, will serve high-utilization data center market in Atlanta, home to the nation’s fourth largest concentration of Fortune 500 companies
- Space will feature modular, high-density design enabling a range of Internap products, including high-performance colocation, managed hosting, enterprise IP and Content Delivery Network services
ATLANTA – July 27, 2011 ─ Internap Network Services Corporation (NASDAQ: INAP), a provider of intelligent IT Infrastructure services, announced the expansion of its Atlanta data center to meet growing demand for premium data center services in this high-utilization market. Phase one of the expansion will include approximately 12,000 net-sellable square feet and is expected to be online by the third quarter of 2012, bringing Internap’s total Atlanta data center footprint to 23,000 net-sellable square feet. When fully deployed, the expansion space will include 31,000 net-sellable square feet, increasing the company’s total Atlanta footprint to 42,000 net-sellable square feet.
Centrally located in the heart of downtown Atlanta, Internap’s facility benefits from a resilient power infrastructure built atop one of the most stable power grids in the country. Internap offers high-performance colocation and managed hosting out of the facility, backed by the company’s route-optimized IP connectivity and CDN services. The expansion space will feature a modular, high-density design to economically support long-term customer growth, with capacity for up to 12 KW power draw per cabinet. The expansion will also contain earth-friendly design and operational elements, along with a full range of customer amenities.
“According to Tier 1 Research, Atlanta data center utilization is projected to reach nearly 90% by 2012,” said Mike Higgins, senior vice president of data center services at Internap. “With more than 75% of Fortune 1000 companies having operations in the metro Atlanta area, the need for data center space with a reliable, performance-optimized network has never been more critical. Internap’s expanded Atlanta facility will provide these market leaders with the IT Infrastructure services they require to grow their businesses and meet today’s demanding computing requirements.”
The Atlanta expansion underscores Internap’s stated commitment to increasing its company-owned data center footprint and broadening the reach of its intelligent IT Infrastructure solutions. This is Internap’s fourth data center announcement in 2011, with new facilities in Dallas and Los Angeles and an expansion in Boston announced earlier this year.
About Internap Data Center Facilities
- Internap’s data centers offer highly reliable and scalable IT Infrastructure to deliver and store content, data and applications. With more than 41% of Internap’s company-controlled footprint deployed within the last three years, these facilities feature the latest innovations in data center design, including scalable power, cooling density and environmental efficiencies.
- Customers can access Internap’s Performance IP™ service, which connects to all of the major Internet backbones globally and leverages patented technology that analyzes network performance characteristics – such as available bandwidth, delays and packet loss – to ensure that Internet traffic is routed over the best path 100% of the time.
- Along with SAS 70 Type II compliant practices, the facilities also offer multiple layers of security with 24/7 on-site technical support as well as proactive monitoring by engineers in Internap’s redundant Network Operations Centers.
- In addition to colocation, Internap offers a range of intelligent IT Infrastructure services including Managed Hosting, Content Delivery Network (CDN) and cloud services, all with the highest levels of performance and availability using Internap’s Performance IP and Accelerated IP (XIP™) services.
Internap provides intelligent IT Infrastructure services that enable our customers to focus on their core business, improve service levels, and lower the cost of IT operations. Our enterprise IP, CDN, colocation, managed hosting and cloud solutions are differentiated by unparalleled levels of performance, availability and support. Since 1996, thousands of businesses have entrusted Internap with the delivery and protection of their online applications. Transform your IT infrastructure into a competitive advantage with IT IQ from Internap. For more information, visit http://www.internap.com, our blog at http://www.internap.com/blog, or follow us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/internap.
# # #
This press release contains forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements include statements related to our expansion of company-controlled data center capacity, including expected features and benefits to our customers. Because such statements are not guarantees of future performance and involve risks and uncertainties, there are important factors that could cause our actual results to differ materially from those in the forward-looking statements. These factors include our ability to complete expansion of company-controlled data centers within the expected timeframe; our ability to sell into new data center space; the actual performance of our IT infrastructure services; our ability to respond successfully to technological change; the availability of services from Internet network service providers or network service providers providing network access loops and local loops on favorable terms, or at all; failure of third party suppliers to deliver their products and services on favorable terms, or at all; failures in our network operations centers, data centers, network access points or computer systems; our ability to provide or improve Internet infrastructure services to our customers; and our ability to protect our intellectual property, as well as other factors discussed in our filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Given these risks and uncertainties, investors should not place undue reliance on forward-looking statements as a prediction of actual results. We undertake no obligation to update, amend or clarify any forward-looking statement for any reason.
Davies Murphy Group, Inc.