Massively scalable, high-performance, next-generation AgileCLOUD exposes native OpenStack API and delivers “out of the box” virtual and bare-metal hybridization; one of the first public cloud services to be featured in new OpenStack Marketplace
OPENSTACK SUMMIT – ATLANTA – May 12, 2014 ─ Internap Network Services Corporation (NASDAQ: INAP), a provider of high-performance Internet infrastructure services, announced at today’s OpenStack Summit the general availability of its next-generation AgileCLOUD. A flexible, high-performance public cloud offering, AgileCLOUD now exposes the native OpenStack API and provides integrated virtual and bare-metal hybridization to address a range of application needs. Internap’s AgileCLOUD is also among the first public cloud services included in the new OpenStack Marketplace.
Internap has been an ongoing contributor to the OpenStack project since 2010. Its new OpenStack powered AgileCLOUD is a massively scalable, flexible and cost-efficient public cloud platform designed to meet the demands of large-scale, performance-intensive application environments. With seamless, “out of the box” hybridization of both virtual and bare-metal cloud instances, AgileCLOUD now allows organizations to match their infrastructure to their application and workload requirements on demand. Internap provides the added flexibility to hybridize AgileCLOUD with Internap colocation and hosting infrastructure, all of which can be monitored and managed through a single-pane-of-glass portal.
By exposing the native OpenStack API, the next-generation of AgileCLOUD enables customers to access the entire OpenStack ecosystem and avoid vendor lock-in. With minimal development effort, customers can move workloads between AgileCLOUD and other cloud environments and leverage third-party management tools. Exposing the native API is one of the key criteria for inclusion in the OpenStack Foundation’s new public cloud Marketplace, which is designed to help OpenStack “superusers” and those new to the platform better understand and make comparisons between OpenStack products and services.
“OpenStack is a platform that allows service providers to create innovative, open cloud solutions to meet today’s performance, scale and flexibility demands,” said Mark Collier, COO at the OpenStack Foundation. “The new OpenStack Marketplace features a broad array of products and services in supporting the OpenStack ecosystem, including Internap’s AgileCLOUD.”
Key features of Internap’s next-generation AgileCLOUD include:
- Server performance tiers and custom configuration – For maximum flexibility, customers can choose from three configuration series, depending on their performance requirements. Options include two virtual instance series and a bare-metal series for applications that require the highest levels of performance consistency. Each series features configurable memory, CPU and SSD storage options.
- All-SSD storage with guaranteed performance – Networked (persistent) storage is based on an SSD-imbued SAN, with each volume having a guaranteed number of IOPS. This prevents performance variations stemming from the “noisy neighbor” effect of multi-tenancy and guarantees Quality of Service (QoS). All-SSD local storage options are also available.
- Cloud network optimization – AgileCLOUD is underpinned by Internap’s Performance IP™ bandwidth to deliver consistently higher performance and lower latency to end users when compared to other clouds. Performance IP finds the fastest route across numerous carrier backbones worldwide with Internap’s patented Managed Internet Route OptimizerTM (MIRO) technology, which analyzes network characteristics like jitter and packet loss and makes an average of 1,300 traffic optimizations per customer per hour.
“OpenStack offers a flexible platform that gives providers the ability to innovate and deliver cloud infrastructure that is free of vendor lock-in,” said Internap’s Christian Primeau, senior vice president and general manager, cloud and hosting. “Building AgileCLOUD on OpenStack allowed us to focus on integrating the features that are central to our value proposition, including infrastructure hybridization and delivering best performance to end users. The result is an advanced open cloud computing solution that allows customers to meet a full range of workload needs, from large-scale, distributed environments to real-time, data-intensive applications.”
Internap will showcase its OpenStack-based AgileCLOUD at the OpenStack Summit in booth D7. Additionally, Internap will deliver a Demo Theater presentation, “Hybrid Infrastructure stacked in your favor,” at 6:00 p.m. ET on Monday, May 12.
As early OpenStack adopters, Internap and its subsidiary, iWeb, have amassed deep development expertise and made significant contributions to the community. The two development teams were merged earlier this year to accelerate product development and innovation. Together, the team:
- Has contributed more than 160 OpenStack commits to date
- Is among the top 30 contributors to the Essex, Folsom, Grizzly and Havana releases
- Represents one of only 17 companies to provide commits in 2010 and 2011
Internap’s next-generation AgileCLOUD is currently available out of its Dallas data center and will be rolled out across its worldwide cloud locations – including eastern and western United States, Europe and Asia-Pacific – over the remainder of 2014. Bare-metal configurations will be available during the summer.
- Internap in the OpenStack Marketplace: http://www.openstack.org/marketplace/public-clouds/internap/next-generation-agilecloud
- Next-generation AgileCLOUD data sheet: http://www2.internap.com/Next-Gen_AgileCLOUD
- Video – Adam Weissmuller talks AgileCLOUD: http://www.internap.com/2014/05/12/next-generation-agile-cloud-openstack-video
- Internap cloud network optimization – “Secret Sauce” blog: http://www.internap.com/2014/04/24/secret-sauce-just-got-better-optimize-internet-route-performance-miro/
Internap is the high-performance Internet infrastructure provider that powers the applications shaping the way we live, work and play. Our hybrid infrastructure delivers performance without compromise – blending virtual and bare-metal cloud, hosting and colocation services across a global network of data centers, optimized from the application to the end user and backed by rock-solid customer support and a 100% uptime guarantee. Since 1996, the most innovative companies have relied on Internap to make their applications faster and more scalable. For more information, visit www.internap.com.
This press release contains forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements include statements related to the characteristics and performance of our services and the benefits that our customers may receive from them. Because such statements are not guarantees of future performance and involve risks and uncertainties, there are important factors that could cause our actual results to differ materially from those in the forward-looking statements. These factors include the actual performance of our services; the reaction and behavior of customers and the market to our services; our ability to react to trends and challenges in our business and the markets in which we operate; the availability of services from Internet network service providers or network service providers providing network access loops and local loops on favorable terms, or at all; failure of third party suppliers to deliver their products and services on favorable terms, or at all; failures in or intrusions into our network operations centers, data centers, network access points or computer systems; our ability to provide or improve Internet infrastructure services to our customers; and our ability to protect our intellectual property, as well as other factors discussed in our filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Given these risks and uncertainties, investors should not place undue reliance on forward-looking statements as a prediction of actual results. We undertake no obligation to update, amend or clarify any forward-looking statement for any reason.
Davies Murphy Group