- Integration of Internap’s Accelerated IP (XIP™) service with its Content Delivery Network speeds video
- Directly impacts the customer experience by accelerating content delivery all the way to the end user device
- Boosts first-frame delivery and progressive download performance; reduces buffering and frame drops across all devices, including mobile phones and tablets
- Demonstration at NAB Show highlights dramatic performance improvement on Apple iPad, Google Android tablets and laptops
ATLANTA – April 11, 2011 /PRNewswire/ ─ Internap Network Services Corporation (NASDAQ: INAP), a leading provider of IT infrastructure services, today announced that it is integrating its Accelerated IP (XIP™) service into its global Content Delivery Network (CDN). The integration further distinguishes the performance of Internap’s CDN by significantly improving the delivery of video streaming and web content to a wide range of user devices, including mobile phones, tablets and PCs, resulting in up to four times faster streaming and downloads. Internap will showcase a demo of its CDN with XIP acceleration for the first time at the NAB Show (National Association of Broadcasters) in Las Vegas on April 9-14, 2011 at booth SU9502F1.
The ability to deliver online content has become a critical business differentiator for broadcasters and other organizations, the success of which is often directly reliant on the performance of the CDN. Internap’s CDN with XIP optimizes the customer experience by accelerating content delivery all the way to the end user device and across a greater number of network layers than traditional CDNs, resulting in a notable and immediate performance improvement.
The CDN with XIP optimizes the customer experience, speeding delivery of both dynamic and static web content, such as streaming video, game downloads, SaaS applications, ecommerce, software patches, and .pdf and website image files, among others. It also drives significantly improved “first-frame” delivery and faster progressive downloads as well as reduced buffering and fewer frame drops.
“In a world where content is only a click away, customers expect the delivery and viewing of that content to be fast, seamless and without delay or interruption — to the device of their choice,” said Laura Mayo, vice president of business development at Internap. “High-definition, long-form content is a classic example of the kind of content that will see immediate benefit from our CDN and XIP acceleration. And the performance benefits continue to increase in line with file size and amount of latency, providing dramatically improved delivery for users accessing rich content on high-latency connections.”
XIP technology builds on the existing benefits of Internap’s global Performance IP™ network, which leverages numerous carrier networks worldwide and its patented Managed Internet Route Optimization™ (MIRO) to deliver IP traffic over the fastest route 100% of the time. The combined result is end-to-end network, application and content optimization, leading to the highest levels of performance, availability and ultimately, end user satisfaction.
XIP is being integrated at Internap’s worldwide CDN locations throughout Q2 2011. Internap CDN customers will receive XIP acceleration as part of their regular service with no additional fee.
About Internap’s Accelerated IP (XIP)
- Launched in April 2010, Internap’s XIP is the first IP accelerator to be delivered as a service from “source to destination,” resulting in improved performance that directly impacts the end user.
- XIP addresses web traffic performance issues associated with Transmission Control Protocol (TCP), allowing web-based content and applications to load faster and maintain accelerated performance.
- Provided as a service, XIP eliminates the need to deploy hardware and software at regional data centers or on the client side.
About Internap’s CDN
- Used by customers worldwide across a range of industries — including media and entertainment, online retailers, education, healthcare, financial services and others — Internap’s CDN provides a complete solution for live and on-demand video streaming. Its “set and forget” capabilities allow organizations to focus exclusively on content creation by simplifying and streamlining the workflow for content uploading, transcoding, management and reporting.
- Internap was rated a top CDN in 2010 by industry analyst firm Current Analysis, receiving a rating of “outstanding” in the performance, SLA and support categories.
Internap provides high-performance IT infrastructure services that enable our customers to focus on their core business, improve service levels and lower the cost of IT operations. Our colocation, connectivity and managed hosting solutions are differentiated by unparalleled levels of performance, availability and support. Since 1996, thousands of enterprises have entrusted Internap to deliver their business-critical IT infrastructure needs. For more information, visit http://www.internap.com/, our blog at http://www.internap.com/blog, or follow us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/internap.
This press release contains forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements include statements related to the features, functionality and performance of our products and services, including Accelerated IP (XIP) and CDN, and the benefits our customers are expected to receive from them. Because such statements are not guarantees of future performance and involve risks and uncertainties, there are important factors that could cause our actual results to differ materially from those in the forward-looking statements. These factors include the actual performance of our products and services; our ability to respond successfully to technological change; the availability of services from Internet network service providers or network service providers providing network access loops and local loops on favorable terms, or at all; failure of third party suppliers to deliver their products and services on favorable terms, or at all; failures in our network operations centers, data centers, network access points or computer systems; our ability to provide or improve Internet infrastructure services to our customers; and our ability to protect our intellectual property, as well as other factors discussed in our filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Given these risks and uncertainties, investors should not place undue reliance on forward-looking statements as a prediction of actual results. We undertake no obligation to update, amend or clarify any forward-looking statement for any reason.