Network Operations Center (NOC)
The Internap Network Operations Center (NOC) takes a proactive approach to customer support and vendor management to provide the highest level of customer service and technical support. We view robust service just like we view technology: not as an add-on, but as a fundamental part of our solution. Our NOC stands on three pillars:
- Proactive notification: Our certified engineers monitor our customers’ services and the status of the Internap network and across the Internet. When an engineer observes an issue, customers are notified to explain the issue and how it’s being addressed.
- Direct access to engineers: In our NOC, we route issues to certified engineers who assume immediate responsibility for all tickets – not just the most critical ones. The result is that 95% of all issues are resolved by the engineer who receives the customer’s request and initiates the trouble ticket.
- Technical expertise: Our highly trained NOC team members carry key certifications, including Microsoft MCSE and Cisco CCNA, ensuring their superior technical expertise in network configuration, design and maintenance and carrier connection troubleshooting.
If our customers encounter a problem, there’s no time to waste. We make quick response time a fundamental part of our service by focusing on key performance metrics:
- Fast speed to answer: We answer customer calls in an average of 10-12 seconds. Our customers tell us this is one of the best average answer times in the industry.
- Low call abandon rate: Our call abandon rate is less than 0.3%. The typical abandoned call is not due to wait time. More often, the customer has resolved the problem, or the problem has resolved itself.
- Low hold time: The average customer hold time on inbound support calls is 0.1 minutes compared to that of others in our industry group and peers, 2.19 and 2.53 minutes respectively.