Service Level Agreement
Internap’s SLA applies to the end-to-end networks, up to the point at which your network takes over — not just the parts that we control. This commitment to reliability is essential for enterprise-class businesses that can’t afford to experience even a minute of downtime.
Not only does our Network Operations Center proactively notify you in the event of a network issue, but we also back up our SLA with specified proactive credits. Because downtime is money, our event clock starts ticking when the event begins. Other service providers don’t consider themselves in breach of their SLA until you’ve called support and opened a trouble ticket. To us, that simply isn’t “service.”
What our SLA covers*
Our SLA supports the following North American performance metrics:
- 100% network availability
- Less than 45 milliseconds latency
- Less than 0.3% packet loss
- Less than 0.5 millisecond jitter
The Internap SLA also covers:
- Denial of Service (DoS) response: Internap generally will respond to a customer request for assistance in DoS attacks and begin diagnostics within 10 minutes.
- Reason for Outage (RFO) response time: Internap generally will provide you with a final Reason for Outage within five business days for service interruptions at Internap-owned data center facilities or Internap service points.
- Service-specific outage resolution: If service is down for more than 10 minutes, other than for pre-scheduled maintenance or other non-Internap issues, you will automatically receive a credit on your monthly bill as specified in the SLA.
- Colocation (space, power, environmental): Internap offers integrated colocation coverage in its SLA for power, environment and security, offering credits of up to a week for violations of stated service levels.
- Install intervals: We will fully credit installation fees if the stated interval commitment is not maintained. Install intervals are subject to service type.
*Terms and conditions of the Internap SLA apply.