Security is not a feature; it’s the essence of our colocation service. As your primary or backup data center, Internap facilities and operations are designed with meticulous attention to the variety of potential threats that can affect the integrity of your data. Besides protecting against known hazards, we also stay informed on new trends so that we’re always steps ahead of the most menacing security challenges.
Our comprehensive approach to our colocation service and security starts with 24/7 onsite security personnel who man the front desk and are available to escort customers to and from their space in the Data Center. They are reinforced by additional measures including:
- A secured loading dock space for customers
- Biometric locking mechanisms activated by fingerprints
- Cabinets equipped with key or tumbler locks
- Man-traps that use weight sensors to help determine if an individual is leaving with equipment that they didn’t bring into the facility
- Video monitoring with footage retained for 35-45 days (in addition, cameras may be installed in individual cage environments as needed and with facility approval)
- Recorded “in” and “out” logs
- Password-protected access to both physical locations and web portals and more.
Whether Internap is your primary or backup data center, you can rest assured knowing that your data is in good hands.