How will the growing adoption of Infrastructure-as-a-Service change the way we live?
In a recent survey of IT decision makers, 65% of respondents indicated they are considering public cloud services. Once a cause for hand-wringing and teeth-gnashing within IT departments, cloud computing is quickly becoming a key priority for enterprises.
Watch as Nicholas Carr, author of The Big Switch: Rewiring the World, From Edison to Google, discusses how the establishment of the “utility computing grid” is laying the foundation for changes in business, society and beyond. Just as the establishment of the electric grid in the last century drove a new era of innovation, access to utility computing power will spur new inventions that affect all aspects of our lives.
- Innovation – Beyond the Infrastructure (3:30)
- Democratization of Computing Power (1:55)
- The Explosion of Apps (2:08)
- The Convergence of Media & Entertainment and Software (3:08)
- Big Data vs. Right Data (2:19)